Last Updated: September 4, 2018
Government Contractors.co wants to provide you and others with an informative website, and professionally valuable discussion forums, events, courses and other services.
We have outlined several policies to be transparent about our rules, our expectations, and how we manage your information.
Government Contractors.co is an independently operated website. We have established partnerships with third-parties for content and information, and have an open authoring and discussion forum that we monitor, as well as paid advertising and other sponsorship opportunities.
- We collect and use personal data for specific legitimate purposes. We collect information that we ask for, as well as data from cookies and IP addresses. This data is used to understand user interests, and then provide visitors with information, as well as help us develop content, events, courses, and other services for the audience.
- We take steps to ensure an appropriate level of security for the personal data in our custody. We retain it as needed for its intended purposes.
- We carefully choose vendors, service providers, customers, and other third parties with whom we share personal data and require them to commit to standards that we consider adequate.
What Information Is Collected
When you use the Government Contractors.co website, its services and features, we may collect several types of information about you and/or your use of our services and features.
For example, we may collect information that you provide to us, information that we collect through your use of our services and features, and information that we collect from publicly available sources or third parties.
Information You Provide to Us
There are a number of circumstances in which you may be required or invited to supply us with personal information, such as when you: subscribe to our publications, newsletters, and other content; download a report, whitepaper, or other sponsored content; register for any of our events or courses; place an order; complete a survey or participate in market research; enter a contest; submit content or post a comment; send us an email, pitch, or request for information; when you seek employment at Government Contractors.co; or otherwise share information for purpose of receiving some response from us, our sponsors, our partners, or other third parties connected to a business activity at Government Contractors.co.
In these circumstances, we may ask you to provide information such as your name, e-mail address, year of birth, gender, street address, employment information, or other demographic information, as well as information provided by you, such as a question, or additional information about your business operations that are relevant to the Government Contractors.co business purpose.
Information About Your Use
We may collect information about your use of the Government Contractors.co website, its services and features, and social media pages it manages, including but not limited to:
Device information: We may collect your computer or mobile device model, IP address, other unique device identifiers, operating system version, browser type, language, and settings, and device type and settings.
Usage information: We may collect information about the Services you use, the time, date, and duration of your use of the Services, your interaction with content offered through the Services, search terms used, our referring website, and software crash reports. We also collect information stored using cookies, mobile ad identifiers, and similar technologies set on your device. Our servers may automatically keep an activity log of your use of the Services. We may collect such usage information at the individual or aggregate level.
Location information: We collect and store your device’s source IP address, which may disclose the general location of your device at the time you access the Services. Advertisements and certain content may be directed to you based on this data.
Information From Third Parties. We may receive information about you from third parties and combine it with information we receive from or about you.
- Information from social media websites: When you interact with any Government Contractors.co property page or account on a social media platform, such as Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, or LinkedIn, we may collect the personal information that you make available to us on that page or account, including your social media account ID. We will comply with the privacy policies of the social media platform and we will only collect and store such personal information that we are permitted to collect by those social media platforms.
- Information from publicly or commercially available sources: Certain third parties make available information, collected both online and offline, such as demographic information, additional contact information, group affiliations, occupational information, and educational background.
- Other Information We Collect. We also may collect other information about you, your device, or your use of Government Contractors.co, our services or features, and social media pages in ways that we describe to you at the point of collection or otherwise with your consent. You may choose not to provide us with certain types of information, but doing so may affect your experience in using Government Contractors.co, our services or features, and social media pages.
We collect a variety of information as listed below as needed to operate our business, and for the legitimate interest of our business, including for marketing purposes, to the extent permitted by applicable law. Our website and other publicly facing services and applications are primarily intended for interaction in the business environment. Our information collection practices are focused on the business context, and the careful and limited identification of leads and prospects for our sales efforts.
These data include:
When a user uses, or interacts with our website, its services or features,, or clicks on a link that directs the user to our website, its services or features, the user’s browser automatically provides, and we automatically collect and store, certain information about the user’s device (computer, tablet, smartphone) and the user’s activities. This includes:
- Preferences and settings: time zone, language, and character size.
- Identifiers: IP address
- Technical information: type of device, operating system name and version, device manufacturer, browser information (type, version), screen resolution.
- Coarse geographic information: geographic location derived from the IP address.
We collect this data for the proper operation of our website, its services or features,. Until the user becomes a “lead” this data cannot be linked to a specific individual.
Data generated by the use of the website, its services or features, also include:
Information about use of the website, its services or features,: date stamp, URL of the visited page, URL of the last webpage visited before visiting our website, its services or features, or a website using our website, its services or features,. URL of the last webpage visited before visiting our Service.
History of interaction with our webpages: pages viewed, time spent on a page, click through, clickstream data; queries made, search history, search results selected; comments made, type of service requested, purchases made.
We collect this data to understand how our website, its services or features, is used and to create statistics on the use of our website, its services or features,. Until the user becomes a “lead” this data cannot be linked to a specific individual
If a visitor interacts with us, for example, to inquire about a product or service, the visitor becomes a lead. In these cases, we will collect information provided to us through the form or questionnaire used to make the request, or the contact or other information provided at a trade show or industry event. The information is provided directly and voluntarily by the individual. Depending on the circumstances, the information may include, but may not be limited to:
- First and Last Name
- Name of the business
- Email address
- Street address, city, state, province and/or country
- Telephone number
- Website URL
- Social Media Handles
- Mobile Number
- Prior government contracts
- Information on past performance for specific agencies
- And more.
We collect this data for sales and marketing purposes to allow us to respond to a request from a lead so that we may provide information about Government Contractors.co, our services or features, and social media pages.