Acceptance Through Use
Note: This is a binding contract between Government Contractors.co and you. By accessing the website, its services and features, and any social media pages, you hereby accept this agreement. As a material condition of such use, you warrant that you are over the age of thirteen and that you have provided accurate information in any communication with Government Contractors.co.
Our website, its services and features, as well as our social media pages, are under constant development. This Agreement may therefore be modified and updated on an ongoing basis. Please check back to this page regularly.
No Use by Children
The Site is not directed to, or intended for use by, children (defined as anyone age twelve or younger). Children should not use the Site or submit any information to Operator. We also request that anyone seventeen or younger receive permission from their parent or legal guardian before accessing or submitting any information to the website, and that this website will not knowingly target any person age seventeen years or younger.
Links to Third Party Sites
You acknowledge that all content and materials available at the Site (collectively, the “Content”) are protected by national and international copyrights, trademarks, service marks, patents, patent registration rights, trade secrets, know-how or other proprietary rights and laws and, as between Operator and you, are owned exclusively by Operator. Except where otherwise noted, you may download, print or view individual pages at the Site for private, noncommercial use, provided you do not delete, change or otherwise modify any of the Content, including, but not limited to, any copyright or trademark notices. You may only use the Site and the Content as expressly permitted herein and for no other purpose. Except as authorized by Operator in writing on a case by case basis, you will not sell, license, rent, modify, distribute, copy, reproduce, transmit, publicly display, publicly perform, publish, adapt, edit or create derivative works from any of the Content. The systematic retrieval of any of the Content to create or compile, directly or indirectly, a collection, compilation, database or directory without the written permission of Operator is prohibited. Unless otherwise indicated, all logos, names, package designs and marks on the Site are trademarks or service marks and may not be used without permission. Operator’s policy is to terminate the online privileges of individuals who repeatedly violate the copyrights of others.
User Submission Policy
Some aspects of our website, its services or features, and social media pages, may allow users to upload, submit, and/or post images, text, video, profile information, comments, letters to the editor, e-mails, or other data and information (“User Submissions”). By uploading, creating, or submitting User Submissions to or on Government Contractors.co, or our social media pages, through any other means:
- You affirm, represent and warrant that you own the right to utilize, to license and to sublicense the User Submissions;
- You grant to Government Contractors.co, and anyone authorized by Government Contractors.co, a non-exclusive, worldwide, paid-up, royalty-free, irrevocable, perpetual license, including right of sublicense, to use, copy, assign, display, distribute, perform, reproduce in whole or in part, and modify the User Submissions in any medium or any manner, in whole or part (whether now known or hereafter developed), without any restrictions to you, for the sole intended purpose of the Sites and/or services provided;
- You grant to each user of Government Contractors.co a non-exclusive license to access the User Submissions through Government Contractors.co and to use, reproduce, distribute, display and perform such User Submissions as permitted through the functionality of Government Contractors.co and under this Agreement; and
- You acknowledge and agree that Government Contractors.co may elect, without notice, to distribute or make available the User Submissions via RSS or other automated or programmatic means.
- You acknowledge and agree that User Submissions may be permanently maintained on Government Contractors.co servers. If you no longer wish for the User Submissions to be displayed on Government Contractors.co, please submit a written request to: editorialteam [at] governmentcontractors [dot] co, and we will stop displaying the referenced User Submissions as soon as reasonably practical.
- You acknowledge that Government Contractors.co is not responsible for, and cannot prevent, the publication or use of your User Submissions by any third parties who copied your User Submissions during the time in which it was displayed on Government Contractors.co.
- For any User Submissions you post that you do not own, you guarantee to us that you have the legal right to post such User Submissions and that it will not violate any law or the rights of any person or entity. IN OTHER WORDS, AND AMONG OTHER THINGS, YOU WILL NOT POST USER SUBMISSIONS ON THE SITES YOU DO NOT OWN WITHOUT PERMISSION OF THE OWNER OF THE USER SUBMISSIONS, INCLUDING WRITTEN, PHOTOGRAPHIC, MUSIC AND VIDEO USER SUBMISSIONS.
User’s Grant of Limited License
By posting or submitting any content or other materials to the Site (collectively, the “User Content”), you grant Operator and its designees the right to sell, license, rent, modify, distribute, copy, reproduce, transmit, publicly display, publicly perform, publish, adapt, edit or create derivative works from the User Content in any form, anywhere and for any purpose. In addition, you represent and warrant that you own or otherwise control all of the rights to the User Content and that the use of the User Content by Operator and/or its designees as set forth in the preceding sentence will not infringe or violate the rights of any third party. Operator may monitor, edit or delete the User Content as it appears on the Site at any time and for any or no reason without your permission.
By joining any Government Contractors.co-run subscription program or service, or using a service or feature that requires a response to a communication, you authorize Government Contractors.co to send you electronic mail (also known as e-mail) messages to the e-mail address provided by you. Such consent may be a requirement for you to have the ability to purchase goods or services from Government Contractors.co, especially if we need to send an electronic receipt to you.
By joining any Government Contractors.co-run subscription program or service, you authorize Government Contractors.co to send you autodialed marketing text messages at the mobile number provided by you. Such consent is not required by you in order for you to have the ability to purchase goods or services from Government Contractors.co.
Notice and Procedure for Making Claims of Copyright Infringement
Pursuant to federal copyright law, if you believe copyrighted work is available at the Site in a way that constitutes copyright infringement, please see the Notice and Take Down materials posted elsewhere at the Site.
Not To Be Interpreted As Legal Advice or Work For Hire
No content, including but not limited to comments, forum discussions, articles, or responses by e-mail, text, or other form, should be interpreted as legal advice, or be considered work-for-hire, under the laws of the Commonwealth of Virginia. Any information received on this website, or through its social media pages, employees (when acting in an official capacity for Government Contractors.co), or our partners, is for informational purposes only, and does not constitute legal advice or an agreement for work. Please consult an attorney and proper representatives within your company before acting on any information shared on this website or its social media pages. You agree that use of ANY information provided on this site is at your own risk.
Acceptable Use Policy
You are solely responsible for any and all acts and omissions that occur during or relating to your use of Government Contractors.co, its services or features, and social media pages, and you agree not to engage in unacceptable use of Government Contractors.co, its services or features, and social media pages, which includes, without limitation, use of Government Contractors.co, its services or features, and social media pages, to:
- Harm or threaten to harm users or members of the general public in any way, or “stalk” or otherwise harass any other person or entity;
- Post or transmit any User Submission that is unlawful, false or misleading, grossly offensive, threatening, abusive, harassing, tortuous, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, pornographic, libelous, invasive of another’s privacy, hateful, or racially, ethnically, or otherwise objectionable;
- Disseminate or transmit “spam,” unsolicited messages, chain letters, any advertisements, solicitations, pyramid schemes, investment opportunities or other unsolicited commercial communication;
- Purchase, sell, or offer to purchase or sell any equity or security or market instrument; provide information designed to manipulate any equity or security or market; or disseminate or transmit any material, non-public information about companies without authorization to do so;
- Collect, use, or store any personally identifiable information about other users, or otherwise violate the personal privacy rights of others;
- Impersonate any person or entity (including a Site agent, user, or moderator), or falsely state or otherwise misrepresent your affiliation with a person or entity;
- Post any unsolicited or unauthorized advertising, promotional materials, or any other form of solicitation except in areas that are expressly designated by the Sites for such purpose;
- Disseminate or transmit any User Submission that infringes or violates any party’s copyright, trademark, trade secret, patent or other proprietary right; or use or distribute third-party information (whether or not protected as a trade secret) in violation of a duty of confidentiality, fiduciary duty, or similar duty;
- Violate any law (whether local, state, national, or international), whether or not intentionally;
- Forge headers or otherwise intentionally disguise the origin of any content or communication; interfere with or disrupt the Sites, or servers or networks connected to the Sites; or disobey any requirements, procedures, policies, or regulations of networks connected to the Sites;
- Make any User Submission related to partisan political campaigning or fundraising.
- Express or imply that any statements you make are endorsed by us;
- Modify, adapt, sub-license, translate, sell, reverse engineer, decompile or disassemble any portion of the Sites;
- Obtain, copy, monitor, index or data mine through the use of a robot, spider, any automated device, or any manual process, the Sites or the contents (except as expressly permitted by Government Contractors.co);
- Remove any copyright, trademark or other proprietary rights notices contained in the Sites;
- ”Frame” or “mirror” any part of the Sites; or
- Engage in any other activity deemed by Government Contractors.co to be in conflict with the spirit or intent of this agreement or that might violate the rights of others or give rise to liability.
You understand that by using the Sites, you may be exposed to content that may offend you or challenge your beliefs. Your remedy is to avoid such content by discontinuing your access.
Government Contractors.co, through its services and features, and social media pages, allows website visitor to post comments on many stories (the “Comment Areas”). For the avoidance of doubt, the Acceptable Use Policy and User Submission Policy set forth above are applicable to the Comment Areas.
The Comment Areas are design to permit readers to share your ideas and opinions. Information in the Comment Areas is provided by our staff and other contributors, some of whom use anonymous screen names and are people not otherwise connected with us. You acknowledge that a large volume of information is available in the Comment Areas and that people participating in such Comment Areas occasionally post messages or make statements, whether intentionally or unintentionally, that are inaccurate, misleading or deceptive. Government Contractors.co neither endorses nor is responsible for such messages or statements, or for any opinion, advice, information or other utterance made or displayed in the Comment Areas by third parties. The opinions expressed in the Comment Areas reflect solely the opinion(s) of the participants and may not reflect the opinion(s) of Government Contractors.co. Government Contractors.co is not responsible for any errors or omissions in postings in the Comment Areas, for hyperlinks embedded in messages or for any results obtained from the use of such information. Under no circumstances will Government Contractors.co or its affiliates, be liable for any loss or damage caused by your reliance on such information obtained through the Comment Areas or any other part of the Sites.
Government Contractors.co does not initiate, edit, modify, select, or designate specific recipients for any messages or other data entered into the Comment Areas or any other part of the Sites, except that (i) Government Contractors.co may consolidate and edit for clarity any User Submission posted to the Comment Areas, (ii) Government Contractors.co may inform registered users or third parties of particular content, ask for their response, or ask them to host discussions, and (iii) Government Contractors.co reserves the right to monitor the Comment Areas and to remove any information that Government Contractors.co, in its sole discretion, considers to be inappropriate or unlawful.
You acknowledge and agree that Government Contractors.co has the right (but not the obligation) to monitor the Comment Areas and the materials you transmit or post; to alter or remove any such materials (including, without limitation, any posting to the Comment Areas); to disclose such materials and the circumstances surrounding their transmission to any third party in order to operate the Sites properly; to protect ourselves, our visitors, and the public; and to comply with legal obligations or reasonable governmental requests.
You acknowledge and agree that unless otherwise stated, all materials and information you post in the Comment Areas will be deemed to be provided to us on a non-confidential and non-proprietary basis.
Content and Non-Endorsement
Opinions and other statements expressed by users and third parties are theirs alone, not opinions of Government Contractors.co. Content created by third parties is the sole responsibility of the third parties and its accuracy and completeness are not endorsed or guaranteed. The Sites and third parties may provide links to web pages, web sites, and various resources or locations on the web. Government Contractors.co has no control over the information you access via such links, does not endorse that information, and shall not be responsible for it or for the consequences of your use of that information.
If Government Contractors.co receives more than one DMCA / Notice of Copyright Infringement concerning a user, the user may be deemed a “repeat copyright infringer.” Government Contractors.co reserves the right to terminate the accounts of “repeat copyright infringers.”
Disclaimer of Warranties
YOU EXPRESSLY AGREE THAT ALL MATERIALS, INFORMATION, SOFTWARE, PRODUCTS AND SERVICES INCLUDED IN OR AVAILABLE THROUGH THE SITE (COLLECTIVELY, THE “SITE MATERIALS”) ARE PROVIDED “AS IS” AND “AS AVAILABLE” FOR YOUR USE. OTHER THAN THOSE WARRANTIES THAT ARE INCAPABLE OF EXCLUSION, RESTRICTION OR MODIFICATION UNDER APPLICABLE LAW, THE SITE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE WARRANTIES OF TITLE AND NON-INFRINGEMENT AND THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. OPERATOR DOES NOT MAKE ANY WARRANTY THAT ANY OF THE SITE MATERIALS ARE ACCURATE, RELIABLE OR CORRECT, THAT THE SITE WILL BE AVAILABLE AT ANY PARTICULAR TIME OR LOCATION, THAT ANY DEFECTS OR ERRORS WILL BE CORRECTED, THAT THE SITE MATERIALS ARE FREE OF VIRUSES OR OTHER HARMFUL COMPONENTS OR THAT YOU WILL ACHIEVE SUCCESSFUL RESULTS FROM FOLLOWING ANY INSTRUCTIONS, DIRECTIONS OR RECOMMENDATIONS AVAILABLE AT THE SITE.
Limitation of Liability
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES SHALL OPERATOR, OR ITS PARENT, SUBSIDIARIES, AFFILIATES, DIVISIONS, OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, CONTRACTORS OR AGENTS (COLLECTIVELY, THE “RELEASED PARTIES”), BE LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES OF ANY KIND OR NATURE WHATSOEVER, WHETHER DIRECT, INDIRECT, PUNITIVE, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR OTHERWISE, THAT RESULT FROM THE USE OF, OR THE INABILITY TO USE, THE SITE OR FROM ANY INFORMATION PROVIDED AT THE SITE. THIS LIMITATION APPLIES WHETHER THE ALLEGED LIABILITY IS BASED ON CONTRACT, TORT, NEGLIGENCE, STRICT LIABILITY OR ANY OTHER BASIS, AND EVEN IF OPERATOR HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. BECAUSE SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, OPERATOR’S LIABILITY IN SUCH JURISDICTIONS SHALL BE LIMITED TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
You agree to defend, indemnify, reimburse and hold harmless the Released Parties from all liabilities, claims and expenses, including, but not limited to, costs and attorneys’ fees, that arise in any way from your use of the Site or the Site Materials. Operator reserves the right, at its own expense, to assume the exclusive defense and control of any matter otherwise subject to indemnification by you, in which event you will cooperate with Operator in asserting any available defenses.
If you choose to access the Site from any location other than the United States, you accept full responsibility for compliance with the laws of the jurisdiction where the access occurs. Operator makes no representation that the Site Materials are appropriate or available for use in locations outside the United States. Accessing the Site and/or using any of the Site Materials from any jurisdiction where such access and/or use is illegal is prohibited.
Choice of Law
Integration and Severability
Unauthorized Use and Termination
You agree to use the Site only for authorized and legal activities. Operator reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to terminate your access to all or part of the Site at any time and for any or no reason.
The General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”), which takes effect on May 25, 2018, is a new version of the existing data protection laws defined and enforced by the European Union. The GDPR imposes new rules regarding the processing of personal data of data subjects’ located in the EU. TWT is fully committed to comply with GDPR prior to its effective date.